The bitstream forensic watermarking
ContentArmor™ Watermark is a security technology intended to deter actors along the content value chain from leaking content. To do so, an invisible forensics watermark is embedded within the content to uniquely identify the device or the recipient whom it has been delivered to. ContentArmor two-step video watermarking algorithm operates directly in the bitstream, thus resulting in blitz-fast embedding and enabling integration at any point of the distribution chain, including low computational power CE devices such as set-top boxes, tablets, smartphones.
How Does It Work ?
- Analyzes the content bit stream in order to identify watermark embedding locations and values
- Generates and formats the Watermarking Embedding Metadata (WEM) that will be transmitted to the watermark Embedder
Generates and stores the Watermarking Forensic Metadata (WFM) that will be used for investigation
- Marks the content with a unique identifier (ID) based on the WEM transmitted by the Profiler
- The ID allocation can be determined according to the specific application scenario
After profiling the video bitstream, ContentArmor’s video watermarking algorithm only modifies small blocks (highlighted in green) that offer the best fidelity-robustness trade-off
ContentArmor™ provides state-of-the-art anti-piracy protection with easy integration into existing digital workflows. It reduces operating and logistics costs for applications such as the secure transfer and/or viewing of content in both professional and home environments.
The Secure E-screener provides a traitor tracing mechanism for all high-risk screeners, including:
- Internal quality assessment and validation reviews
- Promotional tools preparations
- Promotional viewings for distributors.
- A fully automated process within a digital workflow
- Flexible integration of the embedder into existing content distribution frameworks
- Controlled liability of the stakeholders
Protected Premium Video-On-Demand (VoD)
ContentArmor™ also provides a serialization mechanism in home media gateways that enables fine-grained traitor tracing for premium content distributed on media devices in the home.
- Wider traitor-tracing coverage enables early-window content release
- Anti-piracy technology can be easily integrated into low computational devices
- Secure implementation on dependable platforms such as a Conditional Access System
What Makes the Difference ?
2-Step watermarking system
- Computationally intensive operations are processed through an isolated offline profiler
- Watermarked content undergoes one unique profiling regardless of the number of recipients
How does bit-stream watermarking secure your digital content?
- Eliminates the need for re-encoding
- Fast, secure embedding
- Can be integrated into low computational CE devices such as set-top boxes, tablets, etc.
- Seamless integration with content at any point of the digital distribution workflow: before distribution, in transit, and at reception
Technological highlights of ContentArmor Watermark
- High-fidelity watermark with multiple profiles that adjust distortion to suit the type of video content being distributed. Watermarks survive signal processing attacks as well as digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital conversion.
- Proven to protect content from an extensive range of signal processing attacks as well as digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital (D/A – A/D) conversion, including crude recompression, HDMI stripping, screencasting, and camcording
- Flexible error correction individually protects ID bits